[Dailydrool] Dentals for older dogs

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Fri Mar 13 09:17:14 PDT 2009

Hey Angelika!

Just read your post about Ms. Brandy not doing well under anesthesia.  I HATE to put my dogs under for "no good reason" so when my groomer took an anesthesia-free dental class, I jumped at the chance to have my then 15 year old Chihuahua-mix's teeth done.  It was a god-send!!  She sat on the floor with Erika wrapped in a towel and cleaned her teeth without a problem.  She went home that night and ate dinner like nothing happened and her teeth were pearly white for her remaining 4-1/2 years with us!!  She has since done monthly maintenance on all of my girls when they get groomed and everyone comments on how nice their teeth are!!  I will never put my girls under unless they need a tooth pulled!!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and Madden~
Dogster Pages:
Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t                                                                Casper:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2775&j=t                                                                                                                                                                Sadie Jean:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php? i=3464&j=t<http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?%20i=3464&j=t>                                                                                                                                                           Madden: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/562679