[Dailydrool] The Vaccine discussion

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:21:49 PDT 2009

FYI:  the vaccine discussion

I noticed some dicussion of "how often to vaccinate".  Just as an FYI,
this is a VERy hotly debated topic among vets currently.  Some vets
now avow the as-little-as-possible vaccine recommendation, while
others are just as firmly in the every-year-without-fail camp.  There
are years of research behind both camps.  There are merits to both
arguments, as usually happens in such cases.  My only suggestion would
be for folks to do their own research - five minutes searching Google
will give you more reading on the subject than your average college
course! - then talk with your vet, and do what you feel is best for
your hounds' individual needs and your own comfort level.  :)

Myself, I am in the vaccinate-as-little-as-possible camp, esp. for
older dogs.  But I would never ask someone else, who wasn't
comfortable with that, to make that same decision for their own dogs.

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!