[Dailydrool] Tuesday - I'm in a quandry

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Sat Mar 14 19:07:19 PDT 2009

Some weeks are just bad.  I tried my vet again today to get rimadyl
or metacam for Tuesday.  Previously it has made her into practically
a puppy.  She's been failing in the days since we ran out.  I
hate putting her through the long ride to the vet and the lab work the vet
insists on , even though we have made it clear we want her comfortable no
matter what.  I just don't understand them.  Anyway, I resigned
myselt to Reed taking her in on Monday and putting her through it.
Since her appetite has been nonexistant, I wanted to be sure she didn't
starve herself to death before we could get her her meds.  Previously
she snapped out of it almost immediately when put on her meds.  Well,
tonight I decided I was getting nowhere trying to coddle her into eathing
so I soaked a bowl of kibble and began to play "stuff the
turkey".  Granted, I am  not expert at this game.  I
am amazed at folks who can stuff a dog without even watchiing what they
are doing while carrying on a converstation wi thout even getting their
hands dirty.  I had kibble mush eveerywhere including in MY mouth and
although she did start to eat some of the dropped stuff on her own, I
quite when she put her stubborn streak to work and started trying to throw
what I'd stuffed back up.  (I've had dogs do that simply out of
stubbornnes, and Tuesday is the most stubborn beast I have ever
known.  Anyway, while I was stuffing her, I foound a mass on her
ribs.  It's a hard mass almost the size of a half a grapfruit, firmly
attached to the bone.  Now what do I do??  Do I decide to let
her go if that's what she wants or do I make her eat to see if the meds
really will do the trick again, at least for a while.  I love this
girl with all my heart.  As I was feeding her tonight and smooching
her on the nose (which is how hte kibble got in my mouth), she looked up
at me with her daddy Fuzzy's face and eyes, and Fuzzy was the love of my
life...  I really wish the spouse was here to talk to.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time
to visit these websites: