Quartzite, AZ – dog bite info?

jmmiller49 at juno.com jmmiller49 at juno.com
Sat Mar 14 20:02:23 PDT 2009

Wondering, does any DDer have information about a dog bite, in the area last 2 weeks?
The story goes…My brother-in-law’s brother is visiting the area and went for a walk when he was attacked by a pair of dogs, pit bull and rottweiler. When he got to the hospital, learned the same dogs had attacked two others within a short period of time.
Seems if anything could go wrong, it has. The hospital cleaned the wound, tetanus and sent him on his way. But he couldn’t put pressure on it and didn’t know why. Went back for x-rays and discovered a hole in his anklebone, appears from the dog’s tooth. Since he is diabetic, my sister got in touch with his doctor here and the medicine he had been given was not the, "right type". His doctor was able to get a prescription out to him.
Think police are preparing to charge owners (if they know who they are), and not releasing any information to him. His wife doesn’t drive, they are 250 miles from airport, and seems as if the police really don’t want him leave the area.
I know it sounds like a TV program. Has anyone read/seen any news articles? If so, please let me know.
Thanks,
Janet
with basset ear hugs from Lace (I'm beautiful and smart...so Mom, you better not go on vacation!) and Bowlean (I'm pretty and well, I'm pretty...but I'm smart enough to know I don't YOU to get hurt...who would feed me and give me belly rubs?)
BROOD bassets at their Baltimore forever home
and Smurf & Jasper at the bridge and forever in my heart