[Dailydrool] Charlie Brown's physical

Lynne Miller lmseeyore2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 22:35:06 PDT 2009

Charlie Brown had to visit the vet last week because it was time for 2 shots and plus he needed a bath and nail cutting and since it was time for his yearly exam the first of April, the vet went ahead and did that too. Overall, he's healthy she said but he has gained a 1/2 pound in one year which is not bad at all, but considering that his arthritis is getting worse in his legs, she said this weight makes a big difference. Charlie has been on GlycoFlex for 5 years since we adopted him but she would like to put him on Synovi G3. She said it's a little stronger and she feels that this will help him. Has any fellow droolers had experience with Synovi G3?? I've never heard of it. Also, she mentioned of course putting him on a diet and possibly putting him on the Hill's Science diet and maintenance, but he was put on this one before years ago when his corn allergy was discovered and he wouldn't eat the Hill's. For over 4 years now, I've fed him Diamond Lamb
 & Rice and he loves it and there's no corn. So, I'm not sure what to do about the diet. And, she mentioned his teeth. His teeth are starting to yellow a little and develop plaque and they gave me an estimate of what the dental cleaning and exam would be and I just don't have that kind of money. I love my animals and they get treated on the same level as my son, but with my disability being the only income, I can't do almost $300 for a dental cleaning. I explained this to the vet and she understood, but at the same time something needs to be started with his teeth and I'm sure Barney is the same way. I'm interested in what fellow droolers do with their babie's teeth. I'm open for suggestions. Thanks.

Lynne and The Miller Hounds, Charlie Brown, Barney and Fred(ATB)