[Dailydrool] Lola, vaccines

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 04:43:30 PDT 2009

Can't help with the Las Vegas area vet, Scooter, but I know you are moving and Lola may just be sensitive to the change in her routine and packing up of all that is familiar to her.  We used some mild doggie downers when we moved from California to Florida as 2 of my guys get carsick and that was quite a journey for them.  Took them off as soon as we reached our destination and they were their old selves as soon as they got their first meal in their new home.

On the vaccine front, I would much rather be safe than sorry, altho I do not like to overmedicate or overvaccinate.  Have always given my guys whatever shots were indicated for the region in which we live.  Lepto is nothing to mess with and seems to pop up all over the place-lots of wild animals carry it.  Why risk Bordatella, which is tremendously contagious, and is not only found in kennels.  A neighborhood dog spread it far and wide last year - even though we encountered him on walks we did not catch it as we were protected.   We have rescued these dogs and now are responsible for their continued health and happiness!  And no flea bite dermatitis or heartworm for us as we get our Sentinnel every month!

Lecture, lecture, lecture!  I will be funny next post, I promise!

And remember, every Bunny needs BASSETKU for Easter!  Procedes to Basset Rescue!  Cute Easter Basket gift!  my4hounds at hotmail.com for more details - only $10 each!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me