[Dailydrool] What happened to bath day?

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 04:10:21 PDT 2009

HI all!
I will share just a little of my Saturday Bath Day,  that wasn't.
I try to do at least 3-4 baths a week around here, just to keep up with these hound butts.  So  yesterday, Jenny was smelling a bit ripe and decided I would start with her.  I go into the dog room,  get the water temp right in their big sink and go to get Miss Jenny.
Word was out and hounds were scattering, but I got her,  hoisted her up in my arms and start back  to her awaiting bath.  The old man, Mick is sleeping up ahead of us in his bed,(oblivious as he is very deaf to all the commotions).  Then out of nowhere, Delta Burke throws a block in front of me, and I start to go down....with Jenny in my arms...and Mick looking like now he is a target.    I don't know how,  but we all landed in a heap on Mick's bed, with him partially being woken up with Jenny on top of him.  Talk about a total scatter of hounds,  this was it.  It took me about 2 minutes to decide nothing was broken, except my knee cap felt very banged up.
Bath day did not happen,  I decided it was an omen, or Delta Burke got the job of distraction.  Well done, DB,  you have made hounds all over the country proud of you!
Lesson learned,  leash them into the dog room, then left them up into the tub...do not carry!  Sunday is another day, the knee feels not as bad and hounds will get baths today!
Welcome to all the newcomers and their 4 leggers!

I am so sorry about Flash,  our candle is lit for him.

hugs and drool to all who need it.
wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org