[Dailydrool] info needed

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 06:56:12 PDT 2009

Our Radar, who will be 2 in May, loves to eat mulch.  We have two large
raised beds in the backyard of our new house that run the sides of the
fence and he heads straight for them every time he goes out.  We know
this is VERY dangerous so we are looking into solutions.  Plan one, was
to replace the mulch with river rock.  VERY EXPENSIVE.  Plan two,
install invisible fencing along the bed areas.  I am not very fond of
this idea as I can not get past the shocking part.  Plan three, make him
wear one of those basket muzzles when he goes out.  I am not very fond
of this either, but seems to be the lesser of evils.  As it is now we
have been keeping him on a leash to go out and do his business and come
straight back in.  He can not be trusted to roam free in his yard so he
is miserable watching the others.  We live where Brudder Elwood lives
and he already told you about our RAIN.  This leash thing isn't pleasant
for me anymore either.
So I am asking for info on the use of invisible fencing and basket
muzzles.  Which one is the better choice for a hard headed puppy to
learn not to eat mulch?

Thanks,
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Kita