[Dailydrool] spleen tumor, walks, and designer dogs

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 07:12:10 PDT 2009

My bassets' cousin Labatt (a st. bernard) had the spleenic tumor.  He was 6
years old.  He passed in his sleep at the vets 2 days after he was taken
there for observation.  Everyone was devastated. He had stopped eating and
was panting heavily. I live 2 hours away and I told my mother to get him to
the vet as the panting was an indication of stress to him.  They did labwork
and were trying to rule out the spleenic tumor.  It was a very hard decision
for my brother, but he is upset that he was not with him when he passed
away.  It happened late at night and into the weekend. It is a big decision
for you about your senior baby and only you know what is right for her.
 DRool to you.
Designer dogs---I am enraged at something my 9 year old son read to me this
morning. From National Geographic Kids it tells what a mini schnauzer and a
poodle mix is called--a snoodle.  I did not purchase that subscription for
him, but to think that young children are reading this from a well known
magazine and will grow up thinking that it is the way to go.  When I was a
kid we did adopt from the shelter and they were known as a "mix" or "mutts"
and not something that was know to be intentionally done. Ok, off the soap
box.

It is going to be around 50 today so the hounds will most likely get in a
walk. Mazzie has spring fever. Yesterday she would come in for a few minutes
and want to go right back out. Whine, whine, whine. Unlike the story from
Taz, she did not want to howl.  She just does this every single year.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper