[Dailydrool] designer dogs

EssieSchwartz at aol.com EssieSchwartz at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 09:00:15 PDT 2009

Delinda Rock writes:
Designer dogs---I am enraged at something my 9 year old son read to me  this
morning. From National Geographic Kids it tells what a mini schnauzer  and a
poodle mix is called--a snoodle.  I did not purchase that  subscription for
him, but to think that young children are reading this from  a well known
magazine and will grow up thinking that it is the way to  go.  When I was a
kid we did adopt from the shelter and they  were   I sknown as a "mix" or
"mutts"
and not something that was  know to be intentionally done. Ok, off the soap
box.

  What's wrong letting a "mutt" have a fancier name?  I kind of  took offense
to that comment...Presently, I have what she calls a "mutt"....to  me an
insult to Sammy.  Sammy is a Cavalier, King Charles/basset mixed...  so we call
him a bassalier...Of course, he's a shelter dog whom we rescued the  day he was
to be put down....and we love him dearly.. but, personally, I'd like  to give
him that "prestige" of being called a Bassalier rather than a mutt...I  see
nothing wrong in that.
   Esther, Sammy and Homer ATB

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID