[Dailydrool] Allergies

Bassetmomx2 Hound bassetmomx2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:12:13 PDT 2009

My 2 guys have allergies and through much trial and error, with foods and
shampoos.
Countless months of itching and scratching,red arm pits and overall misery.
One has an allergy to corn and the other one chicken and wheat.
I found the only dog food they can tolerate is Eagle Pack, Holistic
Anchovy,Sardine & Salmon Meal Formula with Oatmeal.
I do mix it with water and a tiny bit of canned food by the same company
(tuna, salmon and shrimp).
I also got this Shampoo from my vet it is called "Malaseb" Medicated
shampoo, it has done wonders for their coats as well.

The Dog food runs me for 30 pounds, about $50, but it lasts 3 weeks. To see
them not suffer is worth it.

Predisone is really rough on them, when they were younger (under 5) they
could handle it better.
The last time I gave it to Augie (he was 7 or 8), he followed me around and
just laid there just staring at me and didn't sleep.

bassetmomx2