[Dailydrool] letting go

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 17 06:45:40 PDT 2009

In Calgary we have or had a vet that came to our house.  Apollo was 12-l/2 broke something and was in awful pain and I phoned vet and was told to bring him over. Well I had no car and he couldn't walk so they gave me name Dr Brown - who did house calls.
I called and two ladies came out and assessed the situation and we let him go.Only one friend came over to see
what was wrong - noone else did and she went to bank to get money which they wanted but it was a business.He was howling in pain.
I am certain he planned the whole thing cuz he did not like vets.  So he was home with me holding his head and all of us telling him what a good dog he was.
He went peacefully and hated being disciplined so workers also talked to him. Miss Becky was in the house and came out later to say goodbye and slept in his bed for a week..
It was worth extra cost for them to come to the house and do it 'his way'.
Vets have to make money and of course one will pay anything for ashes, a paw print, any memories etc.
The cremation guy came and he picked Apollo up like a sack of potatoes and I was not pleased with him. Would
never get him again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a horrible thing to have to do and we all wish they'd go in their sleep but rarely does that happen.
Drool to all who lost - far too many going.
Georgie and Miss Becky