[Dailydrool] letting go

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 16 14:07:52 PDT 2009

Yes it is very hard for the vet too to do this when they have looked after them for years.
I once went into my good vets and heard a dog whimpering in back. Asked girl what was wrong - she said she was being let go . Of course I was very indignant about dog making the noise but found out much later it was the same thing happening as one I had to let go and she was a compassionate vet.
She of course is the best vet I have ever had so one does learn!!!!!!!
Had to 'eat crow' for that thought.
When Mr Mow went in Airdrie the vets   the girls were crying - Mr. Mow was out of it - and vet told me to leave bill till later cuz I was so upset cuz the cat was purring softly. And I found out later too that cats have many different purrs - one is for pain but we thought it was cuz his favorite people were with him. Mr. Mow got a card, his hair taped to
a ribbon - they were so nice.
Took me a month to get over that purring.
So it's pretty hard on vets.
Then there's the dalmation when the owner died the son put him to sleep cuz of complaints and my vet had to do it but son didn't stay - and she had to do it alone.
A lawyer in Calgary when I did the will I said I wanted Becky to go with me (meaning not necessarily then) but he said 'no'., Couldn't do that. However Becky is going to Seattle and Arkansas.  Sorry about rambling.
Georgie and Miss Becky