[Dailydrool] PW Picasso Blossom

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Tue Mar 17 17:11:55 PDT 2009

Lucy Lou (the Pennsylvania girl) sends sad ahroos to Cookie and family.

Mama got permission from her lab list to send a beautiful description of the Rainbow Bridge and even though it is through the eyes of a lab, we know it is the same for bassets too.  Tally was a much loved lab.

She stirred slightly, trying to decide whether or not to wake up.  The warmth all around her enveloped her dark chocolate body, and she was keenly aware that she felt better than she could ever remember . better, in fact,  than she could comprehend.  As reality ever-so-slowly dawned on her, she was amazed at the myriad smells, sights, sounds and incredible light of this place.  And she knew this was no dream.

 She stretched a luxurious stretch that started just above her ears on her forehead and meandered down her back and legs, and then out to the end of her tail.  After a monumental yawn, she opened her eyes.  The grassy little hillock on which she lay was just the first wonder of many in the scene that met her view:  Down the slope of the hillock she could see a larger area that looked like a  park, a Meadow that went on forever.  And there were more creatures there than she had ever dreamed could take up that kind of space,  yet none was being crowded.  The most beautiful sight was a Bridge, like a sparkling rainbow, over a cascading waterfall that sang.  There was quite a bit of foot traffic on the Bridge too, and she noticed that there were people walking over the jeweled span along with various numbers of fur-creatures.  She realized with a start that she could actually see . and clearly!    This was the first time ever that there was no blurring at all in her vision, no empty spot, and she didn't have to struggle to focus.  She wanted to run to the fur-creatures that were playing and calling to her.  But she had so many questions and wanted to find the answers first.

It was then she realized that she was not alone, that there was another Presence beside her on the hillside.  She turned to face what she had no doubt was the largest, most magnificent Labrador in all Creation.  She first would have guessed him to be black because he was even darker than she.  But he was iridescent, and there was a golden glow all around him . touching,  yet emanating from him as well.   And she understood that this was because he was a Communicator and a Teacher.

He began to speak:  "Tally, I am here to tell you about the Before World  .  the place where you lived before you came here.  There were many good things there, and there were some bad things.  The bad things happened through you.  The bad things hurt your fur-sisters and your Human-parents.  But you were not responsible for the bad things."

"I think I know what you mean, she answered.  That's what made my Human-Mom so sad.  That's what made her cry."

"That's right, Tally.   Do you know that your Humans tried in every way they could to discover what made the bad things happen?"

"Yes, I do.  I know there were a lot of tests, and I know that whatever illness the testing was for did not work and they learned that what caused the bad things could not be fixed.  And my Human-Mom cried again.   A lot.   Do you think she is still crying?"

"She is still crying, Tally,   but that's because they had to let you go so that you could come here and be well.  She says that letting  you go was truly the darkest side of love.  But she says that even if they had known what was going to happen, they would still want you, even if only for such a little while."

"Do you think I could go back and tell her that everything is alright now?"

"I think she knows.  I think that your Human-parents know, too, that they will get to come to you one day.  And when that day comes . and from that day on .  you will never be separated again.   Until then, time will ease the sadness for your Human-parents, and the memories of the bad things will go away gradually."

"And Tally,  the more you run and jump and play here in the Meadow,  the more the memories of the Before World will fade for you.  You won't remember until the day it is time to cross the Rainbow Bridge."  Iridescence began to emanate from Tally's beautiful dark chocolate fur, although she couldn't see it yet.

"Thank you for helping me to understand," she said.  "I am so glad you were here for me." And she turned to go to the fur-creatures calling to her.  And even as exhilaration coursed through her and made running seem like flying, the memories of the Before World were already beginning to fade from her conscious thought.

The gaze of the Teacher followed her as she ran.    Under his breath, almost like a sigh, he said:  "And I, Tally, am glad you were loved."

KiMi Dustin

Bi-Yad Hashem

Copyright 2009