[Dailydrool] eye infections?

Taylor family jklmtaylor at verizon.net
Mon Mar 16 18:57:48 PDT 2009

Seeking a little advice and experience again. My wannabe has had abnormal eye secretions for the past 2 days. Instead of being clear to grey runny they seem to be yellowish/green more like mucous. It doesn;t seem to be red around the eye or lid but it is hard to tell with the dark brown eyes and she has long curly black fur on her face. The right is worst and she is rubbing at it with her paw a bit. Could she have pink eye or a different type eye infection? Would it be possibly contagious to the other dog or us 2 leggers? Is there an over the counter rinse to try before calling the vet? how long should I wait? Feel free to reply off list with any suggestions or past experiences. Thanks, Lisa and the WV girls Kaley and Janee