[Dailydrool] BHRA basset featured in a local commercial

Elizabeth A. Kolenich lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 21:48:26 PDT 2009

Last week I received an email the following email:

Morning! My name is Suzanne. I am a producer at FOX6 and also on the board
for Do Dah Day. Our promotions department is working on a promotion for Do
Dah Day this year and would love to feature a basset hound as the star!
Since you are involved with Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama, I wondered if
you could give us recommendations of someone that can help. We don't know
anyone that has a basset.

Of course Robbie jumped all over this as soon as I forwarded it and offered
one of the groups bassets for the project (Duh)!!
Robbie, Aidan (my son), Amelia (one of Robbie's girls), Shelock (foster) and
I went to the filming this afternoon and we decided Amelia would play the
part.

They filmed for 2 hours for a 30 second public service announcement
commercial that will start airing mid-April to promote Do Dah Day.....

The baseline for the commercial is Amelia (aka Frankie the male basset) is
being interrogated by a good cop/bad cop for information about Do Dah Day.
Amelia just sits there and looks at them with those sad eyes and
dumbfounded. The truth finally comes out... but I can't tell you how it
ends!!!

When they have it all edited and ready to air, they promised to upload it to
You Tube so we can share it with everyone....

I'M SO STINKIN' EXCITED!!!

Well... Here it is... MUCH sooner than we anticipated it!!

The first is a minute long and for online & the second is the actual
commercial that airs all throughout the day!

YEAH for our bassets & exposure!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrdUbpZ8TSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTzr98v0i8

Lizz Kolenich
 <mailto:lizzkolenich at yahoo.com> lizzkolenich at yahoo.com
205-739-9418

Basset Hound Rescue of Alabama
Trustee, Adoption/Intake Coordinator & a PROUD Foster Mom/Failure
 <http://www.bhra.org/> www.bhra.org

Please help us support our 16 puppies and their moms!

 <http://www.firstgiving.com/2009_bhra_litters>
http://www.firstgiving.com/2009_bhra_litters

For more photo's and stories about these pups & moms visit:

 <http://www.flickr.com/photos/35756912@N07/>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35756912@N07/