[Dailydrool] Skunks are out

George Strassburger gstrass781 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:28:13 PDT 2009

Good Morning My Fellow Droolers,

  This is my 1st time posting, I have been a member since november
when I Rescued The Colonel from a shelter in Arkansas  and had him
brought here to Greater Boston, MA, Although I have been thinking
about writing many stories about this Basset Hound, Dachshund Mix and
his new life with me, I have Been Very shy to do so.

	So this morning I have to give a warning to all my fellow droolers
here in the NorthEast Part of the states. The Skunks are coming out.
How do I know, well on Tuesday my Buddy and I walked thought our back
yard with a couple of low trees in the yard, Now we live in the city,
Houses to my left, right, and behind me. So there we where at 6:45 on
Tuesday morning, I had just taken my wife to work and I have not
fully woken up yet. Colonel is Sniffing around my yard as he is tired
to we like to sleep a bit longer you know. So there is Colonel, nose
to the ground happy as can be, Me about a step behind him, All of the
sudden I see in front of me about 4 feet is a black and white thing
lift his tail, Now My mother has cats, and one of her cats happens to
be black and white, and name cruiser, Well the name is not for the
color as he was found in one but thats a different story. So I figure
Colonel first thought was Oh its cruiser, my first thought was Oh
what the (colorful metaphor) and More Colorful metaphors later I have
the colonel looking at me as he is running away with a face that said
the same thing I was saying, only without the words.

	I sure he thought I didn't know a cat could do that, it stinks.
Colonel was rubbing his face in the dirt trying to get the stink out.
Not thinking I picked him up, and run in to my house and dropping him
in the bath tub. He was happy because I was going to get it off him
or so we thought. Well As I am waking up I suddenly realized that I
took the oils off his face I just used water and oatmeal soap on him.
I will suddenly come to figure out that was a bad thing to do.  As I
call My groomer and we start the vinegar bath about an hour later it
set in that the smell was going to be around because i used water. I
am super Smart, oh ya, oh and remember I picked him up, not only was
I Wearing sandals but I am now covered in skunkness, from head to
tow,   yes I am smart first thing in the morning. Well, That was
Tuesday and I am living with well it could be worse smell. But its
almost gone, unless you nose to nose with my 50 pound basset.

	Then Yesterday, My wife calls me crying, The Dog is dry heaving,
well my 1st thought is bloat, so I had her take him to the VET before
I could get there. But 200 dollars later My wife comes home with his
Rabies shot and drugs called Delta Albapex 3x and Cough Tabs, My bup
has pneumonia, when I come home I have my own Sore throat, cough and
runny nose. So Both the dog and I are sick. So Everyone beware the
skunks are out even-thought its 45 degrees in boston the skunks are
out, and Its not just the smell, but as me vet said they smell is one
thing but because of everything you guys are going to be sick. Just
what I wanted :).

	I have a bone to pick with that skunk, But luckily everyone on my
street now knows to watch out, thanks to us, and a few of my
neighbors  have dogs. My Vet knows and My groomer tell me the same
morning as me 6 am her client and his dog got sprayed so bad she had
to bath in owner in vinegar before he left her show.

Look Out

As for me,
I show have brought my coffee,
1 cup of coffee, is what 3 bucks.

1 Trip to the Groomer to get most of the smell out 60 bucks :)
1 Trip to the Vet the next day, 200 bucks.
5 hours of bathing in vinegar, No that was for me, The Dog had a good
time at the groomer.
Both the Dog and I sick for the week. is priceless.

I should have brought the dam coffee..

Well Have a Good week all. and Be careful.

I hope this works, The link to the Bup's Pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2018460&id=1013478155

Thank you Droolers for letting me post my story. I am sure now that I
have broken the ice I will be around more.
Drool To All In Need.
George and The Colonel.