[Dailydrool] Basset 500

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:21:18 PDT 2009

Rosalind asks what the Basset 500 is...

Well at my house it is buppy #2 chasing buppy #1 through the house, out the patio door, around the back yard, back in through the doggy door in the bathroom, through the house again, you get the idea, til one or both dogs collapse.  This is accompanied by crazy barking in which all 5 dogs participate.  When they get really worked up, the 14 year old waits in the backyard and joins in about 100 of the 500 (!) and then the 2 nine-year-olds join in as well.  This usually happens after dinner, but can happen at any hour of the day with no warning.

Then to really liven things up, Duffy sticks his head out the doggy door, his business end is still inside, takes a big, long pee ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DOGGY DOOR, looking very indignant if we scold him-he thought he was outside....well his head was!  Then when I go for a mop, the crew all comes in from outside, skidding through the peepee and sliding down the hall, necessitating a whole bathroom and hall mop rather than just a puddle clean up.

That is the Basset 500 in my house.  Gentleman (and one lady), start your engines!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me