[Dailydrool] Marley the Mellow

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:54:25 PDT 2009

Miss Marley is still itching even after 4 days of antibiotics.  They have her on a two week course.  Her bald spot on the hiney seems to be getting bigger.  Maybe it would have anyway.  She also has sprouted a new spot on the other side.  Her tummy is not as bumpy or pink.  The Benadryl is making her very mellow.  She is much calmer than normal.  She went for her yearly shots today and didn't try to take out the vet.  She only raised one lip.  That is quite an improvement.  We also got some bitter orange to keep her from chewing on the spots.  Don't think she hates the taste too much.  I just wish I knew what it is.  I'm afraid someone else will pick it up.  The vets don't seem too worried about that.  Marley is a whiz at taking pills.  Just whip out the cream cheese and all four come running.  Cream cheese must be passed out to all.  I don't mind as long as the pills get where they need to go.

Maggie has been counter cruising a lot more than usual.  I guess it could be because we have cut down on how much we are feeding them.  She eats everything in her bowl now without hesitation.  Last night when she got woken up, she came in and wrapped herself around my head.  It isn't easy to get 72 pounds of basset on a pillow with a human head and wrap it around.  She stayed like that for quite a while.  She gets really clingy at night.  Ninja doesn't like it one bit.

I am tired and rambling.  Drool and basset hugs to all who need them.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the foster and the Mom