[Dailydrool] BIG ANNOUNCEMENT - Basset Bustle Extravaganza 2009!

Leslie, Shawn leslies at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 23 07:49:31 PDT 2009

Save the date - Friday, May 29 - Sunday May 31

You asked and we heard you...

Long time members and supporters of Basset Hound Rescue of Ontario
(BHRO) who missed the BHRO Basset Bustles from previous years have been
pleading and drooling to bring the Basset Bustle back to Hamilton, ON.

And now we have!

Please plan to be part of the largest gathering of Basset Hounds in
Canada at the 2009 BHRO Basset Bustle Extravaganza.

We are expecting hundreds of basset hounds and their people from across
Ontario and the U.S. to descend upon the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA
off-leash dog park on May 30th to help us all celebrate our dedication
and love of bassets, and show our support of Basset Hound Rescue of
Ontario.

The event will kick-off at the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA off-lead dog
park www.hamiltonspca.com. All of the bassets will bustle into the park
in one very long (and very short!) Basset-chain (led by the 2009
official AmBassetor, to be announced), and officially kick-off this
not-to-be-missed weekend long party.

>From there you can let your basset OFF LEASH to mix and mingle in a safe
and protected environment (three acres of fenced bliss for your basset)
and enjoy the daylong party with the bassets.

There will be lots of media to record the largest gathering of bassets
in Canada, and you definitely won't want to miss the opening Basset
Bustle kick-off extravaganza.

We have set aside a block of rooms at the pet and people friendly
Hamilton Residence and Conference Centre, just a few short minutes from
the park. The very modest room rates, which include breakfast, also
feature oversize rooms and lots of green space.

We will be hosting a big pre-bustle pizza party at the hotel, on the
Friday night, for all guests and their dogs.

More details can be found here:
http://www.bassetrescue.ca/bustle2009.html

All the volunteers of BHRO are looking forward to seeing our old friends
and meeting new alike!  Please join us for a weekend that you and your
basset will soon not forget!

On behalf of BHRO,
Shawn Leslie