[Dailydrool] Looziana Basset Rescue

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Mar 23 10:21:05 PDT 2009

I read this article and I love that the news picked up the story.  I do have
to say that I don't agree with some of the reporters assessment of bassets
though.  Wobbly gait...haha they evidently have never seen them run or
do the basset 500.  What is this about high maintenance?  I don't consider
my gals high maintenance even with Sadie Maye and Abby Gale's allergy
the routine maintenance is pretty easy.  Weekly ear cleaning and nail trims
and routine baths, a little Gold Bond  and they are good to go.  Maybe the reporter thought they
were high maintenance because of all the health issues the rescues have to
deal with when they get these abused and neglected kidz in?  Okay that is my
vent on the article.

Droolz to all in need,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Abby Gale, Sadie Maye, Nelly Belle, Teeka, Gregor
and our forever angel Tucker (ATB)

Our local paper had a very nice article on Looziana Basset Rescue on page one of the Metro Section this morning complete with a photo of some handsome lads.

<http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/41665927.html?showAll=y&c=y>

It didn't mention that they drooled and I don't consider their gait wobbly, but one scarfed a king cake off the kitchen counter.

Tommy in Baton Rouge