[Dailydrool] Meet Conley

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:24:36 PDT 2009

Oh Bev, he's just adorable!  How old is he?  Looks like you will be giving
up full nights of sleep and free time for a while, but he looks well worth
it.

I know nothing at all about show dogs/purebred papered type dogs but I do
watch the shows when I can catch them, and I have always wondered about the
"registered" name of show dogs, in Conley's case, "First Class Tonic With A
Twist."
Why are such registered names assigned?  I've heard some at Westminster that
go on for ever it seems, and I always wondered why they weren't "registered"
under the names they are actually called.  Does it have something to do with
the number of dogs registered and trying to get a unique name?  The closest
analogy I can think of for that scenario would be something like vanity lic.
plates, where only one person can have them.  With show dogs I would imagine
that it would be even more complex, since it wouldn't just be limited to
state, but to all of the show dog arena.

Maybe it has nothing to do with that and it's just a tradition?  Again, I'm
just guessing here but you know how there's nothing like a mystery to keep a
person awake at night!

Brenda- momslave to Copper and Elphaba (Hey, how come we don't get cool
names like "First Class Tonic With A Twist."?)