[Dailydrool] MomPerson's Morning

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:02:31 PDT 2009

Ok so we got this puppy. Conley, and he's a doll make no mistake. Llewis
doesn't like him when they are in the house altho this morning I took
everyone outside and lo and behold, they began to play Basset Tag with
Conley, even Llewis. I had to hold onto Cooper's collar because when the
boys got too close to Conley he wanted to break it up. He can't believe this
is PLAY. Then I brought Conley in, leaving the others outside, and put
Conley in a crate, which he hates, just so I could go potty. So I have
Conley SCREAMING in his crate, and I mean this dog has lungs! Then while I
am still in the bathroom, I realise someone in the house behind us has let
their own dogs out and now mine and theirs are in a verbal assault. Nigel
leaped on the inside fence (I have two fences, one to keep them from gettin
up onto the wooden fence where the dogs from Hell will fence-fight with
them.) and for the thousandth time, the fence fell down and the boys were
back against the wooden fence, absolutely raging at the dogs in back--
Llewis chewing on the fence trying to get at them. I really think this is
the reason he has become slightly dog aggressive.
I go flying outside, Conley still screaming in his crate, the boys screaming
outside, clamber over the down portion of the fence with a leash because
they do not listen once they are back there, and put my foot down on a half
inch long thorn that went through the side of my sneakers into my foot. All
the way into my foot. I thought I would faint it hurt so badly. So there I
am. Nobody home, not that anyone could hear me anyone over the ruckus. I had
to take my shoe off very carefully and stand there in the yard digging this
thorn out of my foot, after which I went after my dogs with a vengeance they
certainly did not expect.
In a little bit I am going to go buy a better fence.
Then I took Conley to have his second set of shots. He hates crates, did I
mention that he screams in a crate? Driving along with this puppy bellowing
his brains out in the crate in the back of the Van suddenly there is
silence....then.....THE SMELL. Oh,&^%$!!!! He has had loose poop in the
crate. I came to a screeching halt, leapt out and snatched him out of the
crate before he had a chance to wallow in it, thank heavens! I had a napkin
so I scraped what I could up with that and put a clean blankie in the crate,
dumped the poop, (I was in a shopping center lot-- people were staring)
rolled the poopie pad up and tried to set it near a window, then went on to
the Vet, got our shots. He screamed all the way home in the crate except for
the two seconds he was peeing on the new pad.
Once at home he ambled over to one of the dog beds, crashed down, and had
just closed his eyes when he jerked his head up and stared straight ahead
and began barking madly. What the...??? He was in front of the stereo which
has glass doors. There in the door was a puppy, barking. Everything Conley
did, the puppy in the stereo system did only backwards. Boy was he mad! His
hackles went up and he was bouncing off the floor barking. It was hilarious.
Nigel, Llewis and Cooper just watched in amazement. You could actually see
the confusion in their faces-- what? is?? he barking at???

It's 1pm. He's asleep. Not in his crate but on the dog bed where he finally
gave up.
Cheers to everyone. I should be losing weight rapidly now. This is his first
nap since 5 this morning....

MomPerson to Nigel (does it have a brain?) Llewis (take it back), Cooper
(why did you do this to me again?) and Conley (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)