[Dailydrool] Grass Saver Supplement Warning

Chelsey L lokigirl at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:34:15 PDT 2009

Hi All,

As some of you know Flash started to get some discoloration on his nose, that then led to a sore and odd texture forming. I took him back to the vet yesterday thinking we had to get a biopsy, and mentioned to the vet that I had been giving Flash some "grass saver" supplements so his urine didn't kill the grass, and asked if that might be the cause.

She said "yes" and that some dogs have harsh reactions to over the counter supplements. I thankfully stopped giving him them over 5 days ago and she put Flash on antibiotics to see if that clears it up.

We go back next week for a check up and if that doesn't clear it up we will have to do a biopsy for cancer. I am sure it is a reaction to the pills as the nose is already looking better. If not, it is very coincidental.

If you are using any "grass saver" supplements, make sure to watch your dog for any "allergic" reactions.

Chelsey