[Dailydrool] Sebastian's 5th "Gotcha Day" on 3/24/09

Diane Davis pettnutt at embarqmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:31:28 PDT 2009

Dear Fellow Droolers:

In honor of my sweet Sebastian, I composed a poem to
celebrate his 1st "Gotcha" Day on 3-24-05!  Every year,
I submit the same poem to the Daily Drool.  Sebastian
has been in our family for five years now, and I'm so
glad for him and for us.  He grew from a bony, sick
adolescent into a handsome, playful, loving Hamhock-
Pokechop of a basset.  Please ask your basset(s) and
wannabes to ahrooo in Sebastian's honor sometime on
Tuesday.  We'll be listening.  ;-)

* For Sebastian on his "Gotcha" Day *

Who did I see in a shelter cage?
Who was only eight months of age?
Who can't begin my love to gauge?
Sebastian.

Who stole my heart five years ago?
Who "got me" with his look of woe?
Who is the basset I love so?
Sebastian.

With fur of shiny black, red and white,
Sebastian is a handsome sight.
His Queen-Anne legs are dynamite!
That's Sebastian.

Whose tail is short for a basset guy?
Whose mommy calls him "Humble Pie"?
Who answers to "Puppers" and "Doe Eyes"?
Sebastian.

Who likes to chew on his plastic pool?
Who runs "The 500" like nobody's fool?
Who likes reading posts on The Daily Drool?
Sebastian.

His deep ahrooooos can wake the dead.
He likes to be kissed on his pointy head.
When he fakes sleep, he's heavy as lead.
Oh, Sebastian.

Who's the sweet boy I adore
since March 24, 2004?
Who has my love forevermore?