[Dailydrool] Limping and swollen pad

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 19:43:53 PDT 2009

I have a 9 month old Basset Puppy that started to limp about 3 weeks ago.  The vet has checked him twice since he started this.  At first she thought it was Pano.  Now she said his elbow jutes outward and this may be the problem.  He may need surgery and without it will always have a limp.  I still think it is Pano.  The paw pad on this foot is much larger than the other foot.  Has anyone ever had anything like this?  I am at a lose.  I don't want surgery done since he is still growing.  And the big pad has me baffled.  He dosen't seem bothered by the leg or the pad.  Runs, and carries on like a puppy does.
Rene