[Dailydrool] IMPAWTENT ANNOUNCEMENT from Clyde Kadiddlehopper

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Fri Mar 27 08:30:22 PDT 2009

Hi, it's me, Clyde Kadiddlehopper,

Hi Auntie Claudia!  You know me,  the little hound who loves to read and whose goal in life is to help homeless hounds by becoming the "Oprah" of the basset world with my Bark of the Month(well almost) Club.  I'm still laughing over the stories in my latest selection by Sherlock P Blanchard(who is a basset hound), Deer Aint Peggy.  So as a little teaser since this book is a departure from the picture books I usually choose I'm going to entice you with written reviews of the book and a couple of excerpts.  Reviews first:

"I am crying I am laughing so hard.  I think a dog lover finds it even funnier, and the fact I agree with Sherlock on his writing style is even funnier."

"I read several of the stories to my 91-year-old aunt who is mentally sharp but bed-ridden in a nursing home. It was the first time I'd seen her laugh like that in years."

"I found 'Deer Aunt Peggy' to be a delightful book! It is easy to read (it's hard to put it down once you start reading it)."

"I loved the book. I cracked up over the time management story and washing the clothes. I can see my spouse doing just that."

Now excerpts:

Reprinted by permission from the author

Sherlock's special request of Santa:  Please give B.D. the yeller-hared dog down the street sum brains fer Christmas.  He was neutered a couple months ago en ah think they neutered the wrong end.

On spelling:  If it sounds right when you pernounce it, then it iz spelt right.

Sherlock witnesses a religious epiphany: Bob said, "Well Sherlock, ah was rakin them leaves up one day, en about the time ah got my second blister, it occurred to me that God didn't name them thangs leaves fer nothin * He wants peepul to leave em alone."  Ah am always impressed by how human beings come by their religious convictions.

Remember that all profits from the sales of the book will go towards GM2B Pw. Xandy Bear's Boardwaddle pledges because she said so.  Yessiree, that's what she said.  She also said I had to give her all my cookies but I didn't take that seriously.  Won't you please help the homeless Tri-State hounds by buying some copies of my book?  It's never too soon to start thinking about SP gifts or even stocking stuffers.  Who wouldn't love a copy of my book signed by the author?  So please e-mail the blondeslave at sgmoose at optonline.net<mailto:sgmoose at optonline.net> to get the details.  Remember one book including shipping is $20.00.  Up to 3 copies can be mailed in the same envelope and each additional copy is $15.00.  Do I have to get out the sad Clyde picture again?