[Dailydrool] Leptospirosis vaccination ?

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Fri Mar 27 06:36:27 PDT 2009

We got a card from our vet yesterday, saying Sarah is due for her leptospirosis vaccination. Since Sarah is 12.5 years old now, I'm questioning whether she really needs it.  She's healthy except for some rear-end arthritis.  She stays in our yard and house, except for a daily walk around the neighborhood that takes in about a mile, and doesn't go by any streams or ponds. She is our poop-eater, though, and she almost always snags some unknown treats while we're out walking.

So, do any of you have informed opinions about whether the leptospirosis shot is a good idea?  A bad idea? Generally safe for senior houndies?

Thanks,

Nancy, owned by Sweet Ol' Sarah, and Frank the Tank