[Dailydrool] Close call

Donna Carmack bassetmom2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 05:21:50 PDT 2009

Jacie bloated on me yesterday and swelled up like a balloon. I ran her
down to the vets office and they released the trapped gas. I left her
there so they could empty her stomach and tack her stomach if
necessary.  Luckily her stomach was fine and I got her back at 5 PM.  I
had given her a Snozzle (pig snout) earlier that day.  She had never
eaten one of these and maybe that triggered it.  I've been lurking a lot
lately and am behind on my drools.  Since I got off chemo I've been
trying to catch up on a lot of stuff.  My current oncologist proved that
all the chemo and Herceptin I got from the first doctor was a waste of
time and money.  Chemo doesn't work on hormone positive cancer like mine
and the Her gene test was wrong and the first doctor didn't catch it.
The hormone blocker the first doctor was giving me masked the fact the
chemo I was getting along with it wasn't working.   How's that for a
horror story.
Donna, Duffy, Jacie and Pepper