[Dailydrool] 12-wk old buppy needs help

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Fri Mar 27 12:58:16 PDT 2009

I just got a call from my vet who said a lady just came in her office with a 12-week old basset puppy and asked if they would put it to sleep.  She said it's too much for her and if the vet would not put it to sleep she would dump it somewhere.  Vetlady said to leave it there, and the lady left.  Then vetlady called me (because I have four bassets, I guess) and wanted to know if I knew of anyone that would take the buppy.  She said she would vaccinate it and also spay her at no charge.

    I'm asking if there's a rescue in the Mississippi/Tennessee/Alabama area that has any room for this little girl, please contact me.  I can arrange transport and also get pictures if needed.

    I do know and understand that all rescues are at their limit.  Even if you have to say no, and I know some will probably have to, I would appreciate it if you would let me know that also so at least I'll know you got the message.

    I'm sure she's adorable.  My husband has forbidden me to go see (and I think you probably know why).

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)