[Dailydrool] Barney is home!

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 06:03:07 PDT 2009

Barney came home yesterday evening, sooner than expected. They called around 5pm to say I could get him anytime it was convenient. I got there around 6:00, stopping home to get the ramp to help him in the van. When I went in, Barney came trotting out and right up to the door, where he stared at the door and scratched to get out. I commented that he looked great and they agreed, saying he felt well enough to start singing LOL. I suspect that is the real reason he came home Sat evening, rather than waiting until Sunday morning. He at a big dinner and settled down for a nap last night. This morning he has been up and around, ate well, got a nice (gentle!) belly rub at his insistence, and is napping again. I measured - his incision is 8" long and he has 44 staples. I know I sure wouldn't be doing as well if it was me!

Now, I just need to work to keep him healthy as long as possible. He's proven he definitely isn't going to let a little thing like cancer get him down.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney (don't let a little surgery keep you from rubbing my belly), Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl , coming soon Bodhi
Ace, Maya, Sage