[Dailydrool] Georgie Baby

Emma Welsh emma.welsh3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 29 13:43:06 PDT 2009

OK his name was meant to be George,but after 3 weeks with us it has now migrated to Georgie Baby. He is now 14 weeks old.
He is wonderful. He loves his crate and will go into it willingly at night about 10pm and will wake us up at about 6am.

He likes very,very short walks (2 minutes from home) and then will sit and refuse to go any further unless we turn around, then at at little basset full speed he will head for home. He does walk wonderfully on a lead though, with his head just behind your left leg.

Toilet issues- poo fine- he knows to go in the garden the door is always open.
Wee- anywhere he feels like it.

Cats- he loves them and wants to play, unfortunately the cats don't like him sniffing their bottoms!

Play biting/mouthing- bit of a problem, has never broken skin, however can get over excited and nip. We are trying the "Yelp and Ignore" technique.  Better one is to have a very deep voice and shout as my husband does, however me and the two girls don't have the facilities so we have to yelp and walk away.

He is my delight and joy and I love him soooo much

Emma