[Dailydrool] Basset Quirks

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Tue Mar 31 05:32:24 PDT 2009

Our girls have several quirks that we find sweet, amusing and/or just plain silly:
1)      Casper always has to bring you something when you come into the room.  It's usually one of her favorite toys, but occasionally it will be a sock or something that was close by.  It doesn't matter if you were gone all night at work or to the bathroom; you get a gift when you return!!
2)    Casper will stare at the empty water bowl forever until someone notices her and fills it up!!
3)    Several times a day Casper will root through the recycle bin to see if someone accidentally put something in there without telling her first.
4)    Madden will bark and act like she wants to play in order to get Casper off the couch.  Once she's off, Madden jumps up and goes to sleep!
5)    Teddi "pretends" to be sleeping if she's in our bed and you want her to move.  She actually squints her eyes tighter thinking you won't notice!
6)    Teddi will make a quiet "muff" sound when she gets to the top of the ramp to the bed when I'm sleeping.  This is my queue to pull the covers back so she can get under them (winter months only).

I'm sure there are more, but those are my favorites!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and Madden~
Dogster Pages:
Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t                                                                Casper:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2775&j=t                                                                                                                                                                Sadie Jean:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php? i=3464&j=t<http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?%20i=3464&j=t>                                                                                                                                                           Madden: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/562679