[Dailydrool] DadPerson Venshure

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 11:16:30 PDT 2009

> dont meke ME wanna go neer Leke it eet DadPeepels.

This is exactly the same way our late, great Jane Basset felt about
that Leke. We used to live about just south of Lake Michigan, and we
took Jane to walk along it only once. She saw that great expanse of
moving water with its teeny-tiny waves (compared to those of the
Pacific in San Diego, where I grew up) and came absolutely unglued
with panic. She was fine as long as we stayed on the dunes. But any
time we looked as if we were headed toward the Leke, even one of us
without her, she'd shake, pant, pull her ears back, and brace her
feet to better resist our urges for her to join us. Trying to tell
her about all the good things there were to sniff and roll on along
the shoreline did not sway her opinion of that Leke being a very
dangerous place for hound and human.

Our Elsinore, young Charlie, and their basset friend Owen, who's
visiting us this week, send drool to help keep the DadPerson from
getting a cold after all that time he spent in wet clothes at the end
of March in Chicago. Brrrrrrr.

Elizabeth