[Dailydrool] My day with Speedy

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 19:44:05 PDT 2009

I finally got a day off where I had no where to run or something urgent to do, so I spent my day with Speedy. O, how I miss these kind of days! He is my little velcro dog when I'm at home and he is constantly amusing me. Makes me want to quit my job and be an at home momslabe 24/7.

We started the morning with breakfast, of course, and onto a little game of tug-of-war, followed with some exploring into trash cans for things to eat or spread around the house.  Ah, yes I had forgotten about that little trick.

But I think the highlight of the day was when I was in the kitchen preping for dinner and he looks at me with those pitful eyes and falls into a dramatic down, belly up and begging for attention. My heart swells at those moments, knowing that at some point in his life, these simple things had been denied to those beautiful brown eyes. I'm so thankful to rescues that make these moments possible for other dogs too.

Oh yes and Happy Gotcha Day to E Clara and Sister Daisy! There is another happy ending that I love.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)