[Dailydrool] Fiona got into the food while I was gone!!!

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Tue Mar 31 21:16:20 PDT 2009

I've had bassets for the last 15 years but this is a first for me.

I was only gone an hour, but when I go back, the dog food container (until today, unassailable) was laying open on its side. Fiona (8 years old & adopted in August '08) met me at the door and I could see that her tummy was VERY FULL.  She went out & pooped right away.

She seems mostly OK.  Is this like human over-eating, that just needs time to get back to normal.  She's not vomiting or showing any signs of pain.  She's breathing OK, but not as perky as usual.

Fortunately we have 24-hr emergency hospital for animals here in Portland. Should I take her in or just wait & see how she feels?

Any advice is appreciated.

Adrienne Gillespie