[Dailydrool] Drooling

Anita W. a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 7 07:40:38 PDT 2009

Gracie drools some (and she's a BIG girl with a huge head) but it's normally
only when food is around.  Little Holly (38 pounds) doesn't drool.  Well,
she loves peanut butter and they get their pills in peanut butter every day
- two or three times recently I've seen one single drop of drool fall at
peanut butter time.  The biggest problem we have is not drool, it's with
Gracie's drinking water messes, water goes everywhere in trails following
her - but she is unusual in the way she drinks, so her messes are much
bigger than normal.  Holly doesn't slop water at all.  I bought a thing at
Petsmart that helps a lot with Gracie's water mess, it's a giant plastic
place mat with a lip, the lip is probably half an inch high, and it catches
a lot of the water.  (In the area with the food bowls, several sizes
available.)  I make sure the water bowls are on tiled floors and nowhere
near wood floors or carpet, and then I mop a lot.  Which is actually a good
thing, cause I am lazy when it comes to mopping floors.  Food sticks to
their ears and falls off, too, but they're fed in the kitchen and it drops
right there, so I pick it up and toss it back in the food bowl, or in the
trash.  Not a big deal really.  Don't put water or food bowls anywhere near
the carpet, kitchen-type floors only, and you should be fine.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net