[Dailydrool] Sprin

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 19:56:15 PDT 2009

It is a lovely humid Friday night here.  The houndage is all asleep in various places around the family room.  Shelby is in her donut.  Ninja is by my side.  Maggie is sleeping by the back door and Marley is sleeping by the laundry room door where we cannot see her but hear the growls and groans occasionally.  They are a happy lot.  They had their dinner and lots of romps out back.  No squirrel is safe when they are on patrol.

Ninja is not an outside girl.  She prefers the comfort and safety of her couch or at least the carpet.  Marley likes going out but only to crab at the neighbors, squirrels, rabbits, or sisters.  She has a shrill loud bark and never shuts up.  She has pushed a few fence boards into the neighbors' yard.  As a result, we will be buying new fence panels for that side of the yard.  It seems that they lack the technical know how to nail them back on which is why they fell in the first place.  What th neighbor doesn't know is that if we replace the fence panels, we get the nice side of the fence.  That way, Marley can't push the panels into their yard.  Said nieghbor will not be a happy camper.  And I don't care.  She has fussed about numerous things that she thinks are our fault.  I could say more but I won't.

Maggie is turning into a retreiver.  She keeps bringing in pieces of charcoal, previously buried bones and what looked like a bird leg today.  Yummy!  She also has a collection of bones that she has  gotten from the rest of the crew.  She sits with them spread around her like trophies.  The eyeball comes out when anyone gets too close.  Shelby just takes everything in stride.  She has phenominal eyesight.  She can see squirrels across the street, one house over and up a tree.  She watches very closely but nothing else.  She is such a sweetie.  She follows Nic when he is home and even waits outside the bathroom when he is getting ready for school or work. A lot of times she waits rolled over ready for her belly rub.  She makes the cutest noises and keeps an eye always on her favorite peeps.

Have a wonderful Mothers' Day to all mothers in whatever guise.  Bassets require a lot of mothering.

I just have to throw a little brag in here.  Josh, my oldest son, who was Sunny's boy, graduates from college tomorrow.  He did it.  We are so proud of him.  One down and two to go.  Sunny must be beaming all the way from the bridge.  Next stop, grad school.

Snooters and drool from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby, the foster with the Mom