[Dailydrool] Kelvin/Curie

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Sat May 23 15:06:09 PDT 2009

Well, Kelvin's eating again though not as much as we'd like to see him
eat but it's better than nothing.  His stomach seems to bother him less
with the sucralfate.  This week however he's been really mopey and acts
like we are going to leave him.  If I step out for 5 minutes to go to
the post office he's in a panic, panting and drooling like mad when I
get back.  He's been a velcro dog from the start but this is new.  He's
not accepting treats like he used to, flat out turned down a flossie
today.  A bit moody too but everyone has bad days on occasion.
I've been keeping  a close check on his blood sugar as well but he's
always within normal range and really hates seeing me come anywhere near
him with the glucometer.  Other than that he's doing well.

Our Curie loves the water so we've been trying to get her out to the
river when it's overcast enough for me to go out.  We took her out a few
weeks ago and got these shots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vRxn8ZS5w The video camera died right
after that.
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3531a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3532a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3533a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3534a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3535a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3536a.JPG

Since the river has a deep section and the water is pretty swift we
started researching life vests.  Finally figured out which one we were
going to try and I started 'the hunt'.  I'm a thrifty type of person and
eventually found one on Ebay for $3 plus shipping. I got Curie's life
vest in on Monday, we bought her a Fido Float vest, and wrangled her
into a 'dry fitting' We noticed right off that when she lifted her head
it popped the zipper loose enough to where it would unzip by itself. I
was sure I could fix that with a buckle right over the end of the
zipper. Just had to find a buckle. That proved to be harder said than
done so I started hitting up the local thrift stores. Went to a quilt
show Friday with a bunch of ladies that love thrift store shopping and
we stopped at several on the way back. I finally found a tiny kids
backpack and haggled my way to 50 cents.  Took it apart and fixed the
life vest.
If you are looking at getting one of these vests that zipper issue needs
to be taken into consideration.  I have a sewing machine and am able to
fix nearly anything so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Today we tested it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGtBp8lP_g

Carmen