[Dailydrool] Buford--home!

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Sat May 30 12:34:54 PDT 2009

We just got home---he looks really good!  He came in the house,
drained the water bowl and went into the living room and sacked on
behind his favorite chair.  It's one of his "safe" spots in the
house.  He gave a couple of short, soft moans as he laid down--
clearly he is in some pain.  He's on pain meds (among all his other
meds) for the next 7 days so That should help ease things for him.
Normal diet, no jumping/running for 2-4 weeks, followup appointment
in 10-14 days for exam and removal of stitches.  Biopsies--a week
because his internist is on vacation.  The techs are going to contact
him and ask him to call me with the results regardless of being on
vacation.  After all the pup (and I for that matter) went through,
along with the amount of money I just gave them, I think a 5 minute
phone call isn't asking too much.

Della is lying in the living room about 3 feet from him--ever the
watchful "Florence Nighting-Basset!"

Thank you to EVERYONE who emailed all the drool and prayers.  We all
know how special the DD folks are but you never realize it until you
are on the receiving end of things.  I try to keep up with things and
do my share, but after this there is no question that I will step it
up even more.  Every note was a blessing that got me through this
ordeal and there is no question that "drool" (and prayers) helped
Buford through surgery.

It's a long road ahead for recovery and hopefully no bad lab
reports.  I wish everyone an enjoyable and restful weekend.  Drool to
all in need and snooters/snuggles to everyone!

--heidi (that doG he's home!)
--buford (ow....)
--della (brudder?  you ok?  can I help?
--guinness (he's home!  now I can go outside.)