[Dailydrool] Swine Flu

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 08:23:22 PDT 2009

I just got an email from the ASPCA saying the swine flu is of low risk for cats and dogs.  They are warning pig owners to watch for signs.

Talk about being in the center of the swine flu, we live in San Miguel de Allende, MX.  Three and a half hours north of Mexico City.  This, unfortunately, is a town that Mexicans like to drive up to on weekends and holidays to party.  Even more unforturate, this weekend is a 3-4 day holiday for Mexicans and on top of that almost everything is closed in Mexico City until May 6.  Our mayor has closed the bars to try to stop the flow from the Mexico City.  So we have our fingers crossed.  Ella Louise is safe and sound laying around in the courtyard enjoying our beautiful weather.

I am sorry people are afraid to come to Mexico.  It is a wonderful place and right now the dollar is worth 13.40 pesos, so money goes far.  This is an upaid tourism advertisement for San Miguel.

Hope all are safe in the US.  I am glad to know the flu, at this time, is not transmitted to our hounds.  We have lost too many hounds to the usual illnesses and do not need another worry.

Diane and Ella Louise