[Dailydrool] Thanks, questions, seniors

saba2r at aol.com saba2r at aol.com
Fri May 1 14:25:48 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I want to thank everyone who posts pics and commentary of the various waddles and things.? We devour them.? I love every inch of the UK newsletters.? Some very handsome hounds across the pond.

My own senior, Roscoe P Hunter, who left for the Bridge last fall, was 14.? I was so grateful for every day of all those years.? I'm always so sad when the younger ones leave.? His final year saw a graying, deaf ole guy who moved slowly and seemed to be in his own world much of the time.? The last few months he seemed a little confused, but he eagerly went out for his shorter and slower walks.? He was in pretty good shape, however, right up until the last few days.? I couldn't have dared asked for more.

Here's a question for you trusty Droolers.? RPH's mutt sister, Angel, had surgery yesterday for a bad abscess in her cheek.?? They shot her up with morphine before we picked her up.? She paced and stumbled around, moaned and cried, all night.? Although the vet assured us it was a normal reaction to the med, it was truly awful and I never want to see it again.? Roscoe always was sleepy for a few days after pulled teeth or surgery, but I don't think he ever had morphine.? Any comments on this?? Needless to say, I'm exhausted today because I got no sleep.? Angel may not have had pain, but she seemed distressed.

One other thing:? I have a note on my calendar that Animal Planet is going to have something with Daphneyland in it this month.? A search of their site revealed nothing specific.? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Becca
Mommy of Angel and kitty Sylvester
Roscoe P Hunter ATB??? *see him on 2009 DD calendar July 28*
www.dogster.com/dogs/600703