[Dailydrool] Switching Food?

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 10:19:14 PDT 2009

Sally has been on Nutro Ultra since we got her in August. As we're nearing
the end of a bag and nearing the addition of a new hound to the pack, I'm
thinking of trying something new.
I've read several sites on the web that say it's absolutely fine to vary
your dog's food several times a year. That is, feed the same food for
several months at a time then make the switch to another quality brand for
several months to ensure that the dog doesn't develop food allergies or get
bored or frustrated with the food.

Honestly, now that we're looking at feeding two hungry hounds, I'm also in
the market to lower the cost just a bit so that's another reason I've been
researching it.

Does anyone out there have feelings one way or the other? My husband was
quick to say that no vet he's ever known has suggested changing up the food
... but then again, I'm the librarian in our family and I do my research
from a variety of sources ... :-)

Thanks and drool to all,
Emily, mom to Sally (& keeping fingers crossed that she will soon be mom to
Beauregard)