[Dailydrool] Lawn damage due to pet urine

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sun May 3 09:04:06 PDT 2009

It's odd that this has come up on the DD just as we're also dealing with it. We have spots of yellow burnt grass in our front yard where Megan the Tall Dog goes out and pees along the front walkway. I've decided to order some tablets from Drs. Foster and Smith the sell for this. I'm not affilated with this company. Just a long time satisfied customer. They have several products in their catalog called Lawn Guard Tablets. I like the natural ingredients in it. They are supposed to reduce the urea and ammonia in your dogs urine which is the cause of the burnt spots. It says they're liver flavored. They come in regular and extra strength. There's also Lawn Guard Treats and a spray called Lawn Spot Away. If you don't get their catalog, you can go online to www.DrsFosterSmith.com<http://www.drsfostersmith.com/>.

I haven't had this problem in a very long time with my bassets. Years ago, I got an intact male and his urine burned the grass for a while after I got him. Possibly because he had not been fed good quality food and was not getting showdown. Or maybe he didn't have access to fresh water all the time. He was an abused boy when I got him. After I had him a few months, his urine was less strong smelling and we didn't see any more yellow spots in the yard. Megan gets fed a lot of hooman junk food by her Dadslave and she isn't a huge water drinker. She won't touch any water the bassets have used. She will drink goat water though. Go figure. I think her diet and water habits have a lot to do with her urine being so concentrated. Anyway, I've decided to give this product a try.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets