[Dailydrool] New Drooler

Lisa de rollinstar at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 20:02:37 PDT 2009

A follower of the Drool but never written in. So since it's my one year anniversary of being a slave it's a good time to share my story. One year has passed since bringing home my first Basset from the Pet Expo. Wanting to be an "educated" pet owner, I went to the pet expo for Basset info. Walking around looking at pet stuff and animals there he was in a cage/pen on the ground everyone reaching in to pull his ears. His name was "Shorty" and available to adopt from the local pound. My boy friend kept asking me "Are you sure? How about a Yorkie ?"
The volunteer gave me a leash, dog food and a "thank you"  Quickly, Shorty pulled me out of the fair grounds. Looking at him, I had no idea how big 65lbs really is (short=small, tall=big?).  We loaded him in the car and I'll never forget how happy/satisfied he looked in the back seat. Shorty settled in, a big loveable with everyone so I renamed him "Romeo" aka Romy, Bootter, Gibbies. I was hooked and thinking about another one. Two months ago I contacted the local Basset rescue and took home "Molly" aka Grouchy Girl.
All is good, a lucky slave to Romeo & Molly