[Dailydrool] Lucy is getting "fixed"

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Tue May 5 05:47:15 PDT 2009

Tomorrow morning my Li'l Lucy Lou is getting spayed.  I know we should have done it sooner but the economy hasn't helped.  She has gone through 2 heats and will be 2 years old on June 12th.  She will be going to the vet with her devoted love of her life and best friend Thor, my son's English mastiff who has been with Lucy since they got him last October.  He is being neutered because he has begun to mark his trail in my house and on my furniture to claim our female lab and of course Lucy his love.  Thor is not yet 11 months old but he is one big boy and they play so well together as he is quite gentle with Lucy.

This will be the first time that Lucy has been away from me since we got her in December of '07 so perhaps a little drool will help us get through the day.  I know she'll be drooling all the way to the vet because she gets carsick and I can't give her a dramamine before her surgery tomorrow morning.

If anyone is interested, there is a 4 month old female puppy for sale in the local paper (Hazleton, PA).
I went to see the cutie last night and she is an adorable tri-color with long ears.  We would love to get her but I don't think I'm ready right now for another dog.

Drool to Dawn and Rich on Nudgie going to the bridge.  I lost 3 of my labs in 1 year so I know how much it hurts when they go.

Dawn Jackson, momslave to Li'l Lucy