[Dailydrool] Pedigree Dentastix

Volger, Melissa mvolger at newhall.k12.ca.us
Tue May 5 08:56:46 PDT 2009

Another was recently I gave Becky one of  those pedigree dental chews.
(I wrote and told Pedigree about it getting stuck in her throat cuz
packaging no good to seal up and they get hard.  Well as of today no
response whatsoever and told them they get hard cuz packaging no good
and to please change it because Miss Becky almost choked to death.
If I wasn't here she would've died and it took awhile to get it moving.
Garbage for them all and any other pedigree products.
Lucky I was here then too although I was very scared.

The same thing happened to Basil a few weeks ago.  I gave both he and
Lucy a Dentastix treat and Basil's got stuck in the roof of his mouth.
He was frantically trying to claw it out with his paws and was foaming
and drooling everywhere.  Luckily, I was home and pried that thing out
before he choked to death.  I used to leave biscuits for them when I
left for work, but now I make sure they have eaten before I go and I
also remove any rawhides or bones from their reach until I return.

Melissa Volger
Office Manager
Valencia Valley Elementary School