[Dailydrool] Fizban update

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 11:45:49 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

    I just got a call from Fizban's vet and I wanted to let you know how he is doing. The tumor was definitely cancer and the vet was concerned with how rapidly it grew. However he feels he got all of it and it was NOT in the bone. It was causing a sinus infection and had connected to one of the arteries. The vet feels that the sinus infection will clear up with anti biotics. He did need to cut part of the artery so Fiz lost a lot of blood. He also has a shunt in for drainage.

   Overall the surgery was a little rougher than expected but I'm very relieved to have that much of it done, and extremely relieved that the vet was able to get all of the tumor and that it wasn't in the bone. Thank you all so much for keeping us in your thoughts and slinging drool our way and most especially thank you for the prayers!! Please continue to keep the thoughts, drool and prayers coming in hopes that Fiz recovers quickly and stays cancer free. Give all your furbabies an extra bellyrub and snooter kiss from me.

Mary Mischelle, Pw. Tasselhoff and Fizban