[Dailydrool] new puppy question

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed May 6 16:04:17 PDT 2009

Hello, everyone--you have me alarmed!  Is drooling inevitable with Bassets?
Is it always copious?  Do I need to carpet my house with oilcloth?  I will
be bringing Daisy home on June 8, and I'm trying to prepare myself as much
as possible for a Basset companion.  I would appreciate your advice!
Thanks,
Mary

Hi Mary,   Just take up the carpets put some washable area rugs down and
you'll be fine.    Seriously,  I have 4 Bassets and only 1 drools a lot.  The one thing they
all do......drip water all over the place from the water bowl.   Bassets can also dirty a water bowl super
fast so be prepared to change the water a lot.    And enjoy your new hound.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/