[Dailydrool] I have a sick old man tonight

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Wed May 6 20:50:05 PDT 2009

Kelvin started passing nearly black bloody mucus this evening. He's been
grazing to excess lately, it's been really hot the last 2 days and he's
been tossing his meals within a few minutes of eating them.   At the
moment I'm thinking he ate something that really screwed up his system
in addition to heat intolerance so I'm making some bland breakfast for
him, duck and potatoes since he has issues with rice and I don't have
any chicken in the house. He's hungry and will eat the pieces of duck
but I don't want him eating only that.
I just got back in from a really long front yard pee on everything until
he gets ready to poo again session, and he's now passing the dark tarry
sticky stuff I know so well from Tesla and her really bad battle with
food allergies last spring. Got to be what he was grazing on...
Anyway, since it's stuffy in with the rest of the dogs I'm going to
crate him tonight in the cooler living room and hope he doesn't howl and
bark all night.

Cross fingers this passes quickly.  Otherwise it's another vet visit.

Carmen